REACH for cosmetics (and other products)
REACH registration obligations are based on two main principles. Each substance that’s imported or manufactured in Europe must be accounted for, but only once. If a single entity is responsible for more than one ton per year of a substance, it must register that substance.
When a product (including cosmetics) is imported into Europe, the quantities of each substance must be calculated and the entity responsible for it must be identified.
Biorius offers a full REACH audit service to help you identify your responsibilities and communicate your substance status along the supply chain. This process is completed through the following four main services:
1. Identification of your substances of interest
This step identifies the substances in your products, calculates their tonnage and assesses whether these substances require registration under REACH through:
- Identification of the product portfolio placed on the European market and total breakdown of this product portfolio regarding its substances
- Calculation of the substance-specific tonnages based on European annual sales or imports
- Evaluation of registration exemption
2. Investigation of Reach status
Depending on your position in the supply chain, a portion or the totality of your “registrable” substance quantities may already have been accounted for in a REACH dossier. Biorius can investigate the status of each substance contained in your products:
- Communication with upstream members of the supply chain (i.e., brands/manufacturers/
ingredient suppliers) to assess the REACH status of each substance
- For substances already accounted for in a REACH dossier, Biorius will collect the appropriate information and documentation for communication with partners or authorities in the event of an inspection.
3. Evaluation of potential regulatory actions
Based on the results of the previous steps, one or more plans of action will be proposed by BIORIUS for each substance.
The proposals will be specifically tailored to your situation and can range from a simple certificate edition to the registration of substances.
4. Representative of the client with supply chain partners
BIORIUS can act as your representative with respect to your supply chain partners to help you fulfill your regulatory obligations and negotiate cost sharing.
Need a piece of advice, a quotation or answers to your questions? Contact us…
Fill in this form or contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org – We will answer as soon as possible!
As specialists in cosmetic Regulations for more than 15 years, Biorius offers a reliable turnkey solution for placing cosmetic products in various markets:
- First Class specialists in cosmetic regulations in Europe, the United Kingdom, the United States, and in more than 60 countries
- 50 regulatory experts, toxicologists, pharmacists, and chemists to serve you.
- A unique model that guarantees you both the fastest turnaround possible and high-quality services. Curious? Ask us to know more!
- No hidden costs: Biorius does not charge you for any question, call, or meeting.
- A best-in-class IT tool, free of charge, and saving a lot of your time.
- More than 1,500 international clients have already chosen Biorius!
- We evaluated more than 100,000 products and never had any compliance issues (fines, withdrawals from the market, etc.) in 15 years of existence.
"*" indicates required fields