Since the late 2000s, following a series of reports on the alleged dangers of cosmetics, consumers have shown renewed interest in products of natural and organic origin. Biorius developed Natural and Organic Certifications therefore.
In 2016 alone, the global market for organic and natural cosmetics accounted for more than 11 billion euros; roughly 5.5% of the cosmetics market, with this figure expected to double by 2024.
In an industry that is constantly growing and evolving, being able to rapidly adapt to market changes and consumer demands is crucial. In recent years there has been a sharp increase in beauty brands now choosing to have their products certified as natural or organic.
In a world where people want to get back to nature, more and more consumers are in search of natural and authentic products, resulting in an increasing number of requests for ingredients from natural sources.
Nowadays, products certified as natural/organic are at an advantage as they give consumers the option of being able to make well-informed choices about the products they choose to buy and use.
Natural / Organic certification criteria
Within these certifications’ framework, BIORIUS bases its evaluation criteria on the globally recognised ISO norm 16128.
Our experts assess the raw materials’ documentation and, based on their analysis, determine the percentage of natural or organic ingredients in your final product.
If this percentage is high enough, then the product can be certified as natural or organic and you will receive the certificate and the corresponding BIORIUS’ logo which can be used on your product labels.
Natural certification criteria
Minimum 90% of natural origin ingredients
Organic certification criteria
- Minimum 95% of the natural ingredients must come from organic farming.
- Minimum 20% of the total ingredients must come from organic farming (for leave-on products)
- For rinse-off, aqueous, non-emulsified products with more than 80% being minerals or mineral origin, the content of organic ingredients must be > 10%.
Certifications logos and validity
By fulfilling the Natural or Organic certification, the brand receives the right to use the BIORIUS’ Natural or Organic logo on the label of the certified cosmetic products.
The Natural and Organic certifications remain valid as long as the composition of the product does not change. However, if the composition does change then the product will have to be audited to ensure that it still complies with the original certification.
Need a piece of advice, a quotation or answers to your questions? Contact us…
Fill in this form or contact us directly: email@example.com – We will answer as soon as possible!
As specialists in cosmetic Regulations for more than 15 years, Biorius offers a reliable turnkey solution for placing cosmetic products in various markets:
- First Class specialists in cosmetic regulations in Europe, the United Kingdom, the United States, and in more than 60 countries
- 50 regulatory experts, toxicologists, pharmacists, and chemists to serve you.
- A unique model that guarantees you both the fastest turnaround possible and high-quality services. Curious? Ask us to know more!
- No hidden costs: Biorius does not charge you for any question, call, or meeting.
- A best-in-class IT tool, free of charge, and saving a lot of your time.
- More than 1,500 international clients have already chosen Biorius!
- We evaluated more than 100,000 products and never had any compliance issues (fines, withdrawals from the market, etc.) in 15 years of existence.
"*" indicates required fields