BIORIUS is always looking for smart & talented individuals with whom we can build relationships!
If the words Trust, Empowerment, Advancement, Harmony, Accessibility & Benevolence resonate with you and you believe you have the right skillset to join us, feel free to submit your CV to Catherine Lhoir and include a brief summary on why you would like to join us, even if you don’t find an open position that is suitable for you.
Currently, here are our job openings:
SENIOR COSMETIC PRODUCTS SAFETY ASSESSOR – Full-time, UK
About the position
Safety is a key issue in the regulation of cosmetics in Europe as well as UK and safety assessors carry responsibilities that demand a high level of professional conduct. BIORIUS is looking for a cosmetic products safety assessor.
The selected candidate would be in charge of evaluating clients’ cosmetic products and, based on many sources of information, review the product formulae, develop the Cosmetic Product Safety Report, draw conclusions on the product safety and regulatory compliance in the UK and issue recommendations with regard to claims substantiation and possible reformulations.
Both the safety assessment and the regulatory evaluation are complicated tasks that require a special ability to integrate complex scientific findings and legal aspects.
A consultant specialized in that field can summarize them in clear and well-thought conclusions which implies a great sense of analysis, expert judgment and a real taste for perfectionism. Beyond this important role, BIORIUS’ safety assessors are encouraged to take further responsibilities in other sectors and learn new pieces of regulations, scientific methodologies and working methods. This specificity makes BIORIUS attractive for bright and enthusiastic minds but requires hard work and adaptability.
About the profile
- Based in London (UK), the selected candidate would interact remotely with a team of about 40 people. More specifically, the selected candidate would work in the scientific and regulatory department and report to the Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Director.
- The selected candidate would be accountable for collecting safety and regulatory data, evaluating them and processing them according to well-defined scientific methods and procedures via the use of sophisticated IT tools.
- Beyond the teamwork necessary within the scientific and regulatory department, the selected candidate would build effective relationships with the Account Managers and the commercial department to address clients’ questions and expectations.
About the candidate
- The successful applicant will hold a master in toxicology, biomedical sciences, pharmacy or any master degrees partly or entirely dedicated to human health (this is a must). All these degrees must be valid in the UK.
- A few years of professional experience in the safety assessment of cosmetics, preferably for a reputed cosmetic brand, is a must.
- Skills in regulatory affairs are definitely a plus.
- A collaborative working style, and an ability to build effective working relationships is necessary which includes the ability to convey complex situations in an easily understood manner. The applicant should also have an analytical mind and be very detail oriented.
- Good communication skills in English are of course required. Communication skills in French are a plus.
- A personal interest for cosmetic products is not mandatory but can be a plus.
About the offer
- A competitive salary to be negotiated depending on your experience.
- An attractive extra-legal package based on the UK laws.
- Full teleworking allowed.
Interested candidates should send their CV and application letter to Ms. Catherine Lhoir (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidatures are examined as they flow.